Here at Brilliant we are committed to the health and safety of all our clients and those who attend our events. We are paying close attention to all of the UK government’s advice regarding COVID-19.
UPDATE 16/3/2020 19:00 Due to the press conference just given by Boris Johnson, everyone in the UK has now been asked to avoid non-essential contact. Due to this, we will be cancelling our upcoming events until such time as they can be safely rescheduled. As always, the health of our clients and event attendees comes first.
We will be looking at ways to hold virtual networking meetings and will keep everyone updated as these take shape.
Please do, as always, follow government guidance and stay safe.
ORIGINAL POST 13/3/2020 Currently, we will be proceeding with our events as they are originally scheduled, but will keep everyone updated if anything changes. All of the venues which hold our events are following the government guidance as well to keep everyone safe.
Please follow the NHS guidance to stay healthy during this time:
Information obtained from the NHS guidance regarding COVID-19
Public Health England (PHE) recommends that the following general cold and flu precautions are taken to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze. See Catch it, Bin it, Kill it
- put used tissues in the bin straight away
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available. See hand washing guidance
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces
- do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
People who have returned from Hubei Province, including Wuhan, Iran, Daegu or Cheongdo in the Republic of Korea, and any area within Italy under containment measures in the last 14 days should avoid attending work. They should call NHS 111 for advice and stay at home.
Advice is in place for what to do if you have returned in the last 14 days from specified countries or areas which is being updated on an ongoing basis.
All other staff should continue to attend work.